Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Fuji Super 8. I need more info please.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jake_Paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent a e-mail asking about super 8. Not singal 8. After looking at a web site. I realized it was different. I think fuji messed up. Anyway if anybody can explain to me if I can use single 8 in super 8 or what is going on. I would appriciate it. Also I hope the information below is helpful.

    Thanks,

    Jake

    Dear Jake

    Thank you for contacting Fujifilm. We are
    extremely sorry for the lengthy delay in our reply
    to your e-mail, which was due to very high e-mail
    volume. Please allow us to assist you.

    Please be advised that Fujifilm Single 8 film is no
    longer manufactured for sale in the United States.
    However, this film may be available from Fujifilm,
    Germany. For further information regarding this
    film or its availability, please contact Fujifilm,
    Germany at:

    Fuji Photo Film (Europe) G.m.b.H.
    Heesenstrasse. 31
    40549 Dusseldorf
    Germany
    Telephone: 49-211-50890
    E-mail: [email protected]

    Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm products.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Single8 can be used in a Super8 projector and viewer and tape-splicers(it can't be hot spliced because of its base). You can't run it through a Super8 camera--this is because the cartridges are shaped differently. However, Martin Baumgarten sells it packed into Super8 cartridges. Single8 does have some films that I think are a lot nicer than what Kodak has(such as a 200ASA Tungsten balanced film). Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •